Q: How do I pay for lessons?
A: Via cash on the day of the lesson (or first lesson of a block) or via (a) debit card using PayPal’s payment platform, or (b) through your PayPal account if you have one.
Q: Do I need to open a PayPal account?
A: No, you can pay via debit card using PayPal’s website – I email you a PayPal Payment Request then you simply click on the link and enter your card details.
Q: Can I send you payment via bank transfer instead of PayPal?
A: As mentioned above, paying with a debit card via a link that I send from PayPal is easy. I am unable to accept bank transfers for the following reasons:
- For privacy and security purposes – neither of us is required to know the other’s card or bank details when using PayPal.
- Logging into a bank account to check whether payment has arrived requires a 3-stage login on a secure connection. PayPal emails both the payer and payee as soon as payment is sent.
- Bank payments may be delayed and may require multiple logins just to see if they have arrived. This is time consuming.
- Receipt of payment can usually be confirmed immediately via PayPal; bank transfer may take up to 48 hours or more to confirm with the payer.
- Mistakes made sending to a bank account (e.g. wrong details entered) are much harder to rectify especially when they have occurred 24 or 48 hours ago. Mistakes made via PayPal are easier to correct even up to 45 days from payment.