“I’m buying a magic lesson as a gift for a friend or relative. Should I go for 1 hour, 1.5 hours or 2 hours?”
It depends how much experience they have with magic and how much time they have to spare; those with a busy work schedule are best suited for shorter lessons. A general guide is as follows:
- 1-hour lesson – Ideal for complete beginners who enjoy watching magic on TV or the internet but have never learned any tricks before.
- 1.5-hour lesson – Ideal for those who have already learned a few tricks from the internet or magic books but still consider themselves beginners. We will help polish their old tricks and teach some new ones, and add presentation and misdirection.
- 2-hour lesson – Ideal for those taking up magic as a hobby (or wish to do so). They already know some magic and have read one or two books or looked at online tutorials, and want to make sure they have a good grounding in the basics before going further.
- 4 x 1-hour lessons – Ideal for those who have taken up magic as a hobby and want regular coaching to improve and reach intermediate level and beyond.
- 4 x 1.5- or 4 x 2-hour lessons – For dedicated students in need of focused tuition and coaching. Beginners are recommended to take the 4 x 1-hour lessons or single starter lessons as above.
When you purchase the lesson, simply gift it to the recipient who then contacts me to arrange date and time.