“I’m buying a magic lesson as a gift for a friend or relative. Should I go for 1 hour, 1.5 hours or 2 hours?”
It depends how much experience they have with magic and how much time they have to spare; those with a busy work schedule are best suited for shorter lessons. A general guide is as follows:
- 1-hour lesson – Ideal for complete beginners who enjoy watching magic on TV or the internet but have never learned any tricks before.
- 1.5-hour lesson – Ideal for those who have already learned a few tricks from the internet or magic books but still consider themselves beginners. We will help polish their old tricks and teach some new ones, and add presentation and misdirection.
- 2-hour lesson – Ideal for those taking up magic as a hobby (or wish to do so). They already know some magic and have read one or two books or looked at online tutorials, and want to make sure they have a good grounding in the basics before going further.
- 4 x 1-hour lessons – Ideal for those who have taken up magic as a hobby and want regular coaching to improve and reach intermediate level and beyond.
- 4 x 1.5- or 4 x 2-hour lessons – For dedicated students in need of focused tuition and coaching.
These are rough guides, so if you’re unsure just ask. All lessons are tailored to each individual student, so you can’t go wrong.
When you purchase the lesson, simply gift it to the recipient who then contacts me to arrange date and time.